28 October 2020

Conservatory Design & Build - Part 4 - Finishing Works & Fit-out

With the building structurally complete and weathertight, finishing works could continue inside the conservatory at our leisure, and any remaining exterior jobs can be done as and when the weather permits.

Continuing with the diary from Part 3 ... 


laying carpet tiles on top of XPS insulation boards.  In this
picture, all the easy ones are down - the rest needed cutting to fit

when I fitted these fans earlier, I accidentally cracked the glass on one of the
light fittings - they're very thin and delicate - so I decided to modify the fans ...

I bought these old dome lights in an eBay auction ...

much thicker glass, and the pair for just over a fiver delivered ...

I cut the bezels off, then cleaned and sprayed the bases ...

I adapted the bases to fit the existing fan light cowls, and secured
them using stainless steel self-tappers.  An added benefit is that
I can now fit much larger (11W) LED lamps, i.e. 100W equivalents


Then it was time for a bit of a shopping spree - a pair of new leather recliners, voile panels for the windows, an electric fire and lots of tables for plants etc.  We also relocated one of our sofas from the living room.

So now we have a new sun room - or rather a rain room given the recent weather.  But it's very pleasant sitting in here when it's pissing down outside.






It's also become my de facto office - I've been spending all day working in here since it was furnished ...

We're very pleased with the result - a great extension to the house, and from conception to completion in just over three months.   There are still a few finishing touches required outside, but I'll likely leave them until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment