02 October 2020

Investment Review - September 2020

Here's the regular quarterly update with valuations on 30 September :-


click on the graphic for a larger image ...

Share / Fund Purchases in the Period
None.

Share / Fund Sales in the Period
As I mentioned in a post in March, RCP.L did not seem to offer either growth in the good times or protection in the bad, so since then I'd been waiting for an exit point at which I could break even.  It came in mid-August, when I sold my entire holding at a price of 1,862p net, a 0.7% positive total return over the initial purchase from early 2018. 

Passive Income Index
Stands at 647.6, representing 72.2% of last year's total income received.   At this three-quarter point in the year, we're still not on target to receive as much passive income in 2020 as we did in 2019.

Commentary
In terms of absolute portfolio value, I'm below where I started at the beginning of this quarter, despite the addition of regular SIPP contributions.  

The recovery seems to have stalled, and the markets are just treading water.  We have to go back to 2015 to find the last such period of prolonged gloom.




No comments:

Post a Comment