04 October 2017

Investment Review - September 2017

Here's the combined portfolio spreadsheet as updated on Friday 29 September, the last business day of the third quarter :- 



Share / Fund Purchases in the Period
None

Share / Fund Sales in the Period
None

Passive Income Index
I've long since thrown in the towel with the target I set in January to double last year's passive income total, which would require the index to reach 300.   The index now stands at 166.3, so I'm still struggling to even get up to last year's passive income total, i.e. represented by an index number of 200 before 31 December 2017.  

My start-of-year plan to reach 300 required me to buy heavily into stocks or funds paying high dividends, but I think asset prices are still inflated so I haven't dived in yet and am waiting in the wings ...   

However, I still have skin in the game with 45% of the current pot total in stocks and funds, and there are several more dividend payments etc due in the final quarter of the year, so we may yet get close to that 200 mark.   

Commentary
In the period, I managed to add more cash to the pot, most of which will eventually go into this year's ISA.  I'll need to open another ISA with a new provider before 05 April 2018 - there's already enough in the existing accounts given the FCA protection limits.

I was looking at the new Vanguard ISA, but markets would need to fall before I'm tempted to open an account and buy a couple of their funds.  However, there's no hurry to do anything at all just yet - the ISA deadline date is still a full six months away.


No comments:

Post a Comment