It's been a while since my last new post, what with work, holidays, more work and yet another holiday coming up, although I have updated a few of my other gardening posts....
No major projects in progress - I've still got a problem with my neck and shoulder so digging and heavy lifting etc is out of the question for the rest of this year.
But it's time for an update on the hedge bounding our new garden extension to the west, which we planted bareroot in early 2013 and then mulched with polyprop and stones at the beginning of this year.
It seems to be doing reasonably well, although progress is mixed depending upon location and I'm not sure why this is the case.
The extreme southerly end is perpetually shaded by the large conifers, but the rest sees a lot of sun. We gave them all a good dressing with Growmore in the spring and they've been well watered during any dry spells.
If viewed obliquely, it's all looking quite good although it's much higher in the middle.
|central and southern sections....|